Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Easy to use java decompiler

Recently I had to get java class files out of JAR that was provided to me.

I could get easily class files from JAR by renaming the file from myLib.jar to myLib.zip.

But I couldn't find a easy way to decompile .class file (byte code ) back to java.

I found some online services to do that but its not safe and most of them are blocked due to firewall in corporate network.

and doing this manually with javap which is part of JDK is not good as it displays other information than original source code which makes kind of hard to copy and save as java file.

so I thought like I would use a stand alone desktop program.

I found JD GUI good

because it provides good UI(Tree view explorer) for us to see and shows the actuall source code and easy to export as java file

I tried couple of other Stand along programs but it wouldn't support latest mac.


No comments:

Post a Comment